I’ve come to realize I’m just not cut out to sell stuff on craigslist. I’ve had some stuff on for over a year without a nibble even when I lowered and lowered prices. So, I decided that decluttering physically and mentally was better than stressing over it.
- I packed up kids clothes to pass along to younger nieces and nephews. I then put together…
- Eight bags of additional hand-me-down kids clothes and arranged for them to be dropped off at Goodwill.
- I cooked veggies sausage (discount!) and mushrooms last week in the crock pot. Maybe it was the brand of sausage. Maybe it was the 3lbs of discount mushrooms I cooked it with. But, man, it tastes like mushrooms (said by the the mushroom non-lover). I’ve been slowly disguising it in various meals this week (mexican style, soup, sandwiches) but I feel like I’m mushroomed out. Next time, I’ll try cooking it without mushrooms!
- Our summer squash from the garden has the thickest rind this year (think winter squash thick), perhaps from the drought. I struggled through peeling two today and then steamed them. They were at least edible this way.
- I cut and froze some tomatoes from the garden that weren’t getting eaten. They’ll get incorporated into soups or sauces this fall and winter. We’ve had such a tough garden season that I don’t want to let anything go to waste.