Been a quiet week here.
- We’ve been picking raspberries every day and getting several cups each day. Of course the kiddos are eating them straight from the plants and from my container at the same time. But as our garden comes in, we can reduce our grocery spending.
- Froze some peas we picked last week that didn’t get eaten. Didn’t want them to go bad in the fridge but since we had more peas to pick today, I knew we weren’t going to get to the fridge ones.
- Been packing leftovers for lunch everyday and watching the fridge to use ingredients like lettuce and bread before they go bad.
- Piling up my next load for goodwill and the library book sale. Decluttering continues.
- Been using the crockpot a lot recently and have found it helpful to avoid heating up the house. May make another another pot of beans, veggies, rice, and corn for burritos this week and weekend.