This feels like a “taking one for the team” week so let’s see what we’ve been up to:
- We had separate toothpastes for each toddler to keep down the fighting and possibly avoid sharing colds. The little one will now only use her big sister’s tube so I’m using up her old bubblemint flavored one. Weird flavored toothpaste is still toothpaste.
- Our older toddler has shoulder length hair that, despite hair ties and barrettes, still ends up in her food. Baby shampoo doesn’t work well enough and so I use detangling shampoo instead to work out the resulting knots. I’m using the baby shampoo up myself now since no one else is going to use it. Plus I can reuse the pump bottle when it is empty.
- I ate questionable leftovers for lunch the last two days. Not rotten, just older. They were past the point that I want to give them to my husband or kids but they were yummy and I didn’t want to waste them.
- My husband has to work a table at an outdoor festival tonight. I packed up a picnic supper so he’s not tempted by the food trucks. He got leftover baby carrots, leftover cucumbers, some cheese, hummus, olives, and crackers. I made sure to pack a small dessert too as the allure of the ice cream truck can be powerful.
- We had another birthday celebration last night with out of town guests. There was a whole 9 x 13 cake we made for last Saturday’s celebration that hadn’t been touched so we served that again but with ice cream this time. No one complained.