- My online order from Target didn’t arrive so I found the tracking number and learned that it was apparently damaged in transit and was being returned to Target by UPS. I called Target to figure out what happens next and learned it would automatically be processed as a return and my money would be refunded. Well, on the surface, that’s fine except I bought some items that were on sale last week that aren’t on sale this week. I agued. Supposedly when I place a replacement order now I can call and they will refund the difference between the new price and the sale price…
- Batched errands by taking 3 packages to the post office – one for work, one to return the eyeglasses to Zenni that didn’t work out due to their terrible instructions on how to measure pupil distance, and one to a far away family member with pictures of the kids. The work one had a postmark by today deadline but the other two had been piled up for a few weeks waiting for a reason to go to the post office.
- Did a hand-me-down exchange of clothes with a family member who has kids both older and younger than ours.
- Rearranged furniture to create a desk in our bedroom for times the kiddos are asleep. Found that we had enough furniture already without having to buy new – we just needed to move stuff around. The kids were highly amused as we dragged desks, pushed hope chests, and moved beds to make everything work in the bedroom and the now-emptier living room.
- Tracking leftovers to make sure everything gets eaten or frozen before it goes bad. No point in wasting food we spent money on!
Frugal fail – I frequently buy the ends of cheese blocks from the deli at $2/lb because it is much cheaper and gives us variety depending upon what is in the package. But it needs to be used pretty quickly as the ends have been handled a lot or left out by the deli staff. I opened one package tonight and realized it was already moldy. Booo. Can’t even feed it to the chickens.